RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback





My Journey from $200 to $25K ->

http://vookenmeister.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html



----------------------------------------------


Saturday, May 18, 2013

Finally Experienced some full length online MTTs

Oh yeah... I was supposed to post the good news. Well the good news is a little bit of a stretch

I got to play normal length online MTTs for a whole weekend. My wife had knee surgery so we shipped the kids out to keep them from getting in the way and being bored. Anyways since I had no kid duties I was easily able to take care of her while playing. The cool part is that Maximus was in full swing on merge so I got to play plenty of high buyin tourneys.

I did pretty well early on running deep In a lot of the lower buyins ($33-$109). Going into Sunday I was up over $1K. I gave a lot back though as I took a shot at the $525 and $215 main events and failed. I went down swinging short of the bubble though as I got caught in both events pulling a coupe semi-bluffs that ran into big hands and didn't draw out. I ended up winning about $500 or so overall for the weekend

The good news is I felt extremely comfortable playing at the highest stake MTTs. Normally I can't swing 6-7 hour sessions so I'm stuck playing turbo MTTs at best and they don't run higher than $60. Also the blinds escalate fast so there's only marginal wiggle room after the first hour.

I really felt that I was better than most of the field. Afterwards, I reviewed a bunch of key hands and felt good about them. I found a lot of good spots to 3bet and apply pressure and didn't get myself into trouble too much. Most of my reads seemed right too..

Unfort I didn't hit any big scores but i put myself in position late for it to occur. A couple more flips or suckouts here and there woulda helped but I had some good runs at the scattered $20-$40K first place prizes.

Bottom line is this: It was fun, I felt comfy and it was good practice for the upcoming wsop

With SNGs dying my next move will prob be to mix in more turbo MTTs. I doubt they will be as profitable since they do not run enough but ill still get to play the game I enjoy and make some $$ at the same time. Ill need to experiment with playing several sites at once (and hope my laptop doesn't crash in the process)

After the main event I prob will refocus my time to play SNGs on Bovada unless Merge corrects the mess they've made. Regardless I will follow the volume and/or money where it leads me

Sorry if the good news is anticlimactic. Gotta keep it positive somehow as US online poker dries up more and more

No comments:

Post a Comment