RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback





My Journey from $200 to $25K ->

http://vookenmeister.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html



----------------------------------------------


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vook Luckboxes another online MTT for a "big" score

ok.   I still owe a trip report for my Vegas visit but I have other important news to share first...
I am going to play in the Main Event.   I have already talked it over with my wife and she agrees to go for it.   I will probably get a solid staking package going in about 2-3 months for anybody who is interested.   I also plan on starting a thread here to discuss my planning and strategy.   All comments will be welcome.  

So one of the things I wanted to do to prepare was to start mixing in some online MTTs (I usually only play 1 table SNGs since it's hard for me to play longer 3 hours at a time).   So I don't have the time for normal speed tourneys.   Instead I decided to start playing turbo speed MTTs while I stack the profitable DoNs in the corner.    Well.. I am off to a good start.

The night after returning from Vegas I took first out of 492 in the $11 Merge $2.5K Guarantee.  I wrote about that in my last blog update->   http://vookenmeister.blogspot.com/2013/01/won-my-first-large-field-mtt-1k.html

Then tonight I played a couple more MTTs while I was grinding DoNS.   After busting out of the $33 Merge nightly turbo MTT, I decided to late reg for the $60 mtt that was already running.   Well,  I ended up winning that also for a nice score of a little over $1500 profit.

I got much luckier in this event as halfway thru I tripled up when my A2 > A9.    I also managed to crack Aces three handed at the final table after getting my money in behind (would've meant 3rd place and only $600).

Here is a pic of the winning tourney lobby...   Probably won't sleep much tonight!!!   Still excited since I don't play these tourneys very often.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/vookenmeister/bigscore_zps30358dc9.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on what will hopefully become a MoJo like run in the tourneys and looking forward to future discussion of Main Event staking so that I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete